HOME

Thursday, May 24, 2012

If you’ve ever wondered what the boss is thinking, I’ll tell you...


Wouldn’t it be great to read your boss’ mind? 

According to some corporate bigwigs, here’s what they’re thinking:

• What you do outside of work matters – especially where social media is concerned. Be really careful about how much you share about your weekend or what a jerk you think your coworker is. 

• Your Attitude is as important as your assignments are.

• Speak up! Don’t just fill a space at a desk - let me know what you need to succeed. 

• Follow my lead. If you’re not sure whether I prefer email or face-to face, ask.

• Toot your own horn – AND your co-worker’s. If you congratulate them, CC the boss.

• Make your performance review easier for BOTH of us. Keep track as you go, not just the day before.

• Make us both look better. Dress every day like you’ll be called into the company president’s office.

• Go ahead and compliment me once in a while. I need positive feedback too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Wisdom