HOME

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

While so many of us are at a loss for words – our favorite neighbor, Mr. Rogers, has something to say...



Many of us have been struggling to find words of strength and hope over the past several days...

Here are some from the beloved Fred McFeely Rogers from “The World According to Mister Rogers:”




• “It takes strength to face our sadness and to grieve and to let our grief and our anger flow in tears when they need to.”

• “Most of us, I believe, admire strength. It’s something we tend to respect in others, desire for ourselves, and wish for our children.” 

• “The really important ‘great’ things are never center stage of life’s dramas; they’re always in the wings.”

• “When I was very young, most of my childhood heroes wore capes, flew through the air, or picked up buildings with one arm. They were spectacular and got a lot of attention. But as I grew, my heroes changed, so that now I can honestly say that anyone who does anything to help a child is a hero to me.”

• “We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say, ‘It’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.’ Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Wisdom