HOME

Monday, April 23, 2012

If you’re working late tonight – don’t say it out loud...


“Looks like I’m working late – again!” 

Announcing that to your co-workers or boss is probably a bad idea. Alan Axelrod, author of “How to Say It,” says there are a few things you should refrain from saying out loud at work. By verbalizing your long hours or extra effort, you risk giving the impression that you’re complaining about your workload or struggling. Here are a few more statements to keep to yourself:

• “I’ll get to it when I can.” That suggests you don’t take the assignment seriously.

• “I can do it better alone.” You’re really saying “I’m not a team player.”

• “The way I’ve always done it is fine.” Resisting new ideas is a bad idea. Show some enthusiasm about the new approach and give it a try. You can question it later without seeming hostile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Wisdom