HOME

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Perception of You

Have you ever wondered what other people REALLY think of you? Here's how to find out...

Think for a moment abut how others might describe you, honestly. Life coach Lauren Zander says some people have no idea how they are perceived. She also says, if you've got the nerve, it's in your best interest to find out. You might learn something about yourself that is holding you back, or even find some strengths you didn't know you had. If you've got a close family member, friend or colleague you trust, ask them for an interview and explain to them what you're looking for. Here are a few questions to ask.

What have you never told me that you wish I would change?

Is there something I should be doing on a regular basis that I don't?

Have I ever hurt your feelings?

Am I a good listener?

It can be helpful to ask someone who knows you well to describe how they think strangers would perceive you. It takes the heat off of them. The more people you can interview, the better. Common answers will reveal a lot about what you're putting out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Wisdom